The Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics was formed in 2011. Its job is to enhance the collaboration and integration of academics and athletics at Denison.
Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics (C.I.A.)
a. Reviewing scheduling policies regarding the intercollegiate athletic program (i.e. NCAA- and NCAC-sponsored sports) and their coordination with the academic program;
b. Making recommendations to the Academic Affairs Council regarding coordination of the academic and intercollegiate athletic programs;
c. Regularly reporting to the Academic Affairs Council on issues considered;
d. Regularly reporting to the faculty (via Chairs Meetings, Faculty Meetings and/or written reports to the faculty).
a. The male and female NCAA Faculty Athletic Representatives (FAR) who are appointed by the President for five-year terms;
b. One (1) member of the Teaching Faculty and one (1) Faculty Coach elected at large for three-year terms;
c. The Director of Athletics/Chair of Physical Education;
d. The Associate Director of Recreation (currently the Associate Athletic Director);
e. A representative from the Registrar’s Office;
f. The President of Denison Student Athlete Advisory Council (DSAAC) or other student elected from the DSAAC Executive Board (one year term);
g. One (1) student elected from DCGA Senate for a term of one (1) year.
3. The FARs will serve as co-chairs of the Committee.
Current Membership of C.I.A.
- Nan Carney-DeBord, Associate V.P.; Director of Athletics; Chair of Health, Excercise and Sport Studies (email@example.com)
- Lynn Schweizer, Senior Associate Athletic Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yadi Collins, Registrar (email@example.com)
- Jeff Kurtz, Communication (firstname.lastname@example.org) 2016-2018
- Gregg Parini, Faculty Coach (email@example.com) 2016-2019
- Gabrielle Mehringer '17
- Maxwell Siwik '18
- Daniel Kurtzer '18